Thursday, April 7, 2016

Who Remembers Hair Timelines?

Back in the livejournal days, hair timeline posts were a big thing. At least in the community madradhair, of which every girl was a member, right?? Anyway, I miss that, and I've just changed my hair, soooo HAIR TIMELINE!!!

This is the oldest one, from probably 2002 or 2003? I'm bad with dates.

This is from 2007. I loved that haircut.

2011, when I was pregnant and my hair was thick and long and lush and glossy and gorgeous

Then I gave birth and got a haircut in 2012!

Later 2012. I dyed it dark red for a while and let it grow again.

February and March of 2013. Still growing, trying to let my natural hair grow out and fade out the red.

Oops, I skipped a chunk of time. I had the red stripped out and was basically blonde for the rest of the year and let it grow out past my collar bones. Then in March of 2014, I cut it short again and went lavender!

After a few months of that, I started adding turquoise. This is summer of 2014.

Late Summer 2014, I went turquoise, then green, then I cut bangs again. I can't stay away from them.


Spring 2015, the hair got longer and mintier.

Pink bangs! Late Spring/early Summer 2015

In July, I bleached it all out and decided I kind of liked it platinum for a minute.

I dyed just the ends of my hair in late July, but the pink side didn't take very well. I loved the chartreuse, though.

I really missed the green, so I went back in September.

In October 2015, it was longer and mintier and I stopped touching up my roots.

Also in October, I went grass green! I really loved it, but I didn't do it again for some reason.


December-February 2016, my hair kept growing and my roots got longer. I loved the mint chocolate look. I also started wearing it in pigtails almost all the time, because it was just so unruly.

In March, I chopped it off again! It feels so much better again. I really really loved the way my color looked, including the roots, but it was time for a change.

So I went pink! I've never had pink hair before, and I had previously had bad luck with pink taking to my hair and holding. But this really grabbed and turned out SO BRIGHT! It has mellowed just a tiny bit after being washed a couple times, and I'm really loving it. I didn't have enough developer to mix up enough bleach for a good coat, so the darker areas and the back are still a bit orangey. I'm going to do a second bleaching this weekend to even it out, so hopefully I can get it to the perfect shade soon.

Okay, this was fun! Have you guys done anything fun with your hair?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh you have such cool colour taste, I'm grey/lavender at the mo, been most of the rainbow, but would kill for a pink like yours - what dye did you use? I've not found a pink that amazing, I mostly use Lariche directions. You have one of those faces that Any colour works for! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks!! I used Special Effects brand in Atomic Pink. I only used about half a teaspoon of color to a big bowl of conditioner, though, to get it this light. It's an intense hot pink straight out of the bottle.

    ReplyDelete